I candled my eggs!

kelly

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
This is my first try at this soooo I could be totally wrong. Out of my 8 RIR eggs I saw one with a blood circle in the middle so if I read right that means its dead. The other 7 looked good but I didn't see any movement, this is day 14. Do you usually see movement by this time? I hope I'm right and they all do OK, I'm so excited my heart is pounding!

Kelly

If you only see a blood circle and no nice spidery veins, yes, that means it's dead. However, if you are new to candling, I would crack open that one you are very sure is dead to be certain of what you think you're seeing. Don't just toss it. It's hard to see what you see sometimes, but think of it like a science experiment that will make you a better hatcher.
At Day 14, you would probably see movement, but not always. They do nap in there! You would see an egg mostly filled up with the very dark embryo and perhaps a little veining at the edge of the dark blob.
I LOVE candling! It's so much fun, isn't it?

Last edited:
im on day 7 and they are wiggling all over the place and i can see the veins very clear i have white eggs so its easy
jumpy.gif
cant wait till hatch day

Thanks everyone. I think I'll just leave them alone. I could see air sacks (I guess they are called) on the end and the rest of the area was dark, so I'll cross my fingers and toes and just wait. Boy this is rough!

Kelly

I candled my eggs again this time it looks like 4 good and 4 bad. I'm leaving them all but they are numbered so I'm keeping track of which were bad and etc. to see how it turns out. They should hatch about Tues. but I know thats not exact.

Kelly

Hate to break the bad news but if it on day 14, you should be seeing lots of movement! I'm on day 14 too and only 10 of my 26 shipped hatching eggs r growing. I could see the veins on the yolk by day4. Day 7 heartbeats, it's so cool once you see it there's no mistaking! I still have faith in clears, but they never hatch. Sorry. Did u purchase through the mail?

Hello im on day 16 and see dark blobs in the eggs. But my question is if i turn the egg all around its dark on one side but lighter on the other. My eggs are brown which makes it harder to see. So are my eggs bad and thats why they are dark on one side or what? LOL

Back
Top Bottom