I candled photos inside need opinions on aircell size

crysmom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 24, 2007
I started with 30 eggs, 10 were non developing and those I got rid of on day 7 1 had an obvious blood ring and I cracked it and there was maybe 2 or 3 days development. so that left me with 20

today I candled the remaining 19 10 I can see really vigorous movement from the embryo. 3 were blood rings (haven't opened them yet, waiting for my son to get home to see) and the other six I can see embryos but no obvious movement so i'm left with 16 in the incubator

I want to know what you think of the size of the aircells? I think maybe they are a bit big? the humidity has been around 40% should I work to get it up to 50? or do they look to be the right size to you ?
IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

Quote:
Exactally, like the blue screen of death, just it's a red ring. I'll see if I can't get a pic of it...

Too big to post

As for the air cell size, what day are you on again? Looks good for about 10 days or so. The air cell size will grow substantially by the time of hatch. There was a chart somewhere too that said what it looked like too I think.

Here is my day 12 egg:

another%20whiting%20Small%20600.jpg

Quote:
Exactally, like the blue screen of death, just it's a red ring. I'll see if I can't get a pic of it...

As for the air cell size, what day are you on again? Looks good for about 10 days or so. The air cell size will grow substantially by the time of hatch. There was a chart somewhere too that said what it looked like too I think.

Here is my day 12 egg:

http://students.washington.edu/dianage/candle day 12/another whiting Small 600.jpg

i'm on day 11 that's a great picture my camera takes really blurry shots in the dark I saw the chart for aircells and I think they are a good size

Back
Top Bottom