I candled the eggs!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nuttyredhead, Jan 31, 2011.

1. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

We are on day 13. Yesterday I candled 3 of the 7 eggs under my Silkie. There is definetely something in there! Looks just like the pics I was able to find here. And My son and I saw movement in our EEx egg! That was incredible!

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Woo-hoo! Isn't it great when you learn that its working like it should? When I set my eggs, I guess I didn't want to get over-excited or "count my chickens before they hatched" so I mentally prepared for nothing to happen. It was such a rush to candle and see movement. Even then, I figured it didn't mean they would go all the way or make it out of the shell or whatever. They hatched on Saturday and every time I stop by the brooder to see the little chicks, I am struck again by the wonder of it all. I've had plenty of chicks before but never hatched them myself until this time - it does make it feel so much more special somehow.

3. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:I know, I know so many things can wrong. Im trying not to get my hopes up, just hoping mama knows what to do!!!! This is my first time too!!!!

4. valley ranch

valley ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Greetings, We just hatched out a few and our girls were amazed, they candled and watched the progress. They were up earley to check, when the time came, got us up to watch them hatch.

Richard

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by