I Cannot believe this!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Frankallen, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Frankallen

Frankallen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Alabama
    Yesterday, I was showing some of my friends, one of my pen of Quails. All of a sudden, One of them crowed!!![​IMG]

They are only 24 Days Old!!! I don't believe I've ever heard one crow at that young Age??? They won't be 4 weeks old until this Saturday Sept. 24 !!

Frank

2. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

wow!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  3. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:[​IMG]

How cute! I guess it figured if you were going to show them off , then it would give you something great to show. [​IMG]

What kind of quail?

My Coturnix are 1 month now, and they are so funny! I love what I call their growl when I put my hand in the cage and they want fed. Then there's the cricket sounds they make. That means one escaped the brooder. lol...

4. Tikkajazz94

How cute! I guess it figured if you were going to show them off , then it would give you something great to show. [​IMG]

What kind of quail?

My Coturnix are 1 month now, and they are so funny! I love what I call their growl when I put my hand in the cage and they want fed. Then there's the cricket sounds they make. That means one escaped the brooder. lol...

I love that.... MY also makes a meow sound too. When I forgot to feed them the night before, I Walk out and all I hear is this meow sound. and than when I put my hand in there to grab the dish, they do the growl. One actually pecks my hand

5. Frankallen

Frankallen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Alabama

What kind of quail?

They are Coturnix ...Texas A&M and Jumbo Browns....

6. SliderShooter

SliderShooter Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    Rice Country, CA
    Quote:Gotta love that...perfect timing! I have some the exact same age and haven't heard a peep.

7. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i remember my last hatch, i had one chick, only a few days old, already standing taller then all the rest and chirping as loud as can be for all day long.

8. Tikkajazz94

I guess the lil roo hit puberty first [​IMG]:lau:lau:lau sorry couldn't resist

9. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    I'm having the same things happen with my chicks too. I can't stand it. I understand it to be their "trouble" call so I'm constantly running upstairs to their room to see what's going on and who's in trouble.

I'm assuming it's the little roos.

10. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

i have chicks in the brooder that hatched over the weekend. There's a couple in there that are already standing tall and attempting to crow ...sounds more like squeaking but you can tell they're working up to the real thing...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by