I cannot stand Craigslist sometimes... (read post #33)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BellLisamo, Jan 15, 2010.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    I cannot stand the way Craigslist works. People can flag something, just "because" they want to... no reason at all.
    I had created an ad saying I need to sell 2 male ducks. Specifically it says "I have 2 male ducks for sale. 1 is a pekin, 1 is a rouen. I dont have enough females to keep the boys happy. They are used to being free ranged and will eat up all the bugs you have. If interested please email"

NOTHING wrong with that. Maybe a bunch of immature people didnt like the fact that when you dont have enough hens, the boys start to fight? Just nonsence. So i posted another one that says "I had the post about trying to sell my 2 drakes (male ducks). They need to find a new home, because they are now fighting over the females. PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOU FLAGGED THE FOLLOWING POST? Are you trying to keep these guys from finding a nice home? Would you rather them be eaten??? Or do you have a problem speaking openly about animals mating? GET A LIFE!

Heres how the post read:
    "I have 2 male ducks for sale. 1 is a pekin, 1 is a rouen. I dont have enough females to keep the boys happy. They are used to being free ranged and will eat up all the bugs you have. If interested please email"

IF YOU WOULD RATHER I EAT THEM, THEN BY ALL MEANS KEEP FLAGGING. "

What the heck am I doing wrong here?!!?!

Someone please tell me your thoughts.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Hmmm what section did you post the ad in? For an ad to get flagged there has to be 6 or more people who flag it. I think there are immature people, that have nothing better to do with their time, who police C.L all day long and call on their little flag posse when they radomly select an ad they want flagged. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  3. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Farm and garden, where i ALWAYS put it.... [​IMG]

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    In some areas any and all animal posts get flagged by people who... uh... are part of cretain groups who do not believe people should "own" animals. (They who shall not be named).

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Quote:Seriously? They do that?

certain people need to get a life...gah!

6. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Its so silly... I have NEVER had one of my ads flagged, so i was shocked and mad at the same time!!!

7. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:If that doesn't stop the flagging then it must not be "you know who" members doing it. You'd think people would have better things to do with their time than to police Craigslist all day. [​IMG]

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I find the big issue is when people don't read the rules.

ie-
    Posting animals in the wrong section OR
    using the word "free". I ALWAYS email the "Freebies" and let them know they'll be flagged if they don't check verbage.

Sounds like you have some cranky trolls though.

9. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Robin'sBrood :

Quote:If that doesn't stop the flagging then it must not be "you know who" members doing it. You'd think people would have better things to do with their time than to police Craigslist all day. [​IMG]

yeah really!!! i would NEVER do that, but I wanted to put the "shock" factor into them!!!!! LOL
    my second post hasnt been flagged yet [​IMG]

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Im with ya sister! Craiglist can be good but at the same time very frustrating. I placed an ad a few weeks ago to sell off some chicks-many people reponded and no one came! whatever-they ask all sorts of wuestions-I send photos-I talk on the phone-for crying out loud the chicks are 2$ a piece Im not selling a jet with insurance!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by