I can't believe 4.00 for a doz organic brn eggs-Kroger

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mybelle5, Dec 31, 2008.

1. mybelle5

mybelle5 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2008
    Memphis TN
    I about fainted when my husband told me that Krogers brand of Brown Organic eggs cost 4.00...[​IMG] We just bought 2 dozen last week from Kroger and it was only 2.98 each.

I'm in the middle of building my new chicken coop and can't seem to move quick enough after seeing that huge jump in cost ..

Hopefully this weekend I will have it done and then on to finding some girls for my coop..[​IMG]

Michele from Memphis

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Organic feed here is at least 30 bucks a 50 pound bag. Organic eggs often sell for as much as 6 or 7 dollars here.

3. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    $6.35 per dozen at GreenEarth Organics up here.

4. mybelle5

mybelle5 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2008
    Memphis TN
    so maybe I was getting an excellent deal and Kroger caught on. Dang!

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    $4.99 for a HALF dozen organic eggs at Food Lion

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Organic eggs and feed are expensive here also......

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

$5 per dozen at the Farmer's Market here in CA. [​IMG] So glad we get them for "free" here in our own yard! hehe.

8. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Kroger organic free range eggs are around $4 tops here (they sell several different brands) but the local Whole Foods sells organic free range for nearly $7.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Organic free range eggs here are $4.99 per dozen - the last time I bought some they were mostly bad. It was so gross. I have decided that if my girls haven't given me eggs, we aren't eating them or baking with them until they do. [​IMG]

10. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Organic eggs at Ingles grocery store in NC here is $4.65 & up! I told my hubby that when we sell our eggs that I'd like to charge $2.00 and he thought that was too much until I showed him recently at the grocery store just how expensive the [gross tasting] organic eggs are selling for! He changed his mind after seeing the price. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by