I can't BELIEVE how big their combs are already!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KellyGwen, Jul 7, 2008.

1. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Check out my Brown LH chicks combs! Well, at least I know for sure who the boys are... Geesh! They are only 4 weeks old!!!

[​IMG]

They had a little stare down practically on my feet!
    [​IMG]

BTW - 2 of the 3 LH roos will be available if anyone wants them! I ordered one... they sent 3!!

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    You must be real excited

3. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    It is sort of exciting! These are the first boys I've had who really LOOK like boys! I might have an EE cockerel who is about 8 weeks old.. but I can't tell if he's a he or not... It's nice to have a breed that's so OBVIOUS! I have some 4 week old Silver Lakenvelders who are also supposed to be boys (ordered one, got two!) but they hardly have a comb at all...

So yeah, it's lame... but I'm excited to see these boys!! [​IMG]

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Why are you getting so many boys?

5. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Well... Originally I ordered 25 chicks from the hatchery and asked for 3 boys (an EE, a SL and a BLH)... 14 out of the 25 were DOA and the boys were unmarked... So I didn't know if any boys survived. Only one LH lived and she is def a she... But the EE's are hard to tell!

So the hatchery sent a complete replacement order with EXTRAS = 2 EE boys, 2 SL boys and 3 BLH boys!!!! I really didn't want this many roos... So now I have just over 50 chickens and still way too many roos... [​IMG]

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    [​IMG]
    50+ chickens...

7. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Songster

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Quote:Yeah, tell me about it! And I thought 25 was too many for the minimum order! Now my MIL doesn't want to get rid of ANY of them! Hahaha!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: