I Can't Believe I Read the Whole Thing! lol

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by the simple life, Nov 20, 2009.

1. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, I just finished reading most of the posts in all 126 pages of this section, some of it was repetitive, alot of it, especially about feed but I did learn some other good stuff tucked in here and there.
    If anyone is knew to raising meatbirds I highly recommend reading the pages here from back to front so you can follow the sequencing and follow people's stories.
    Okay, I am off to read the turkey section now. [​IMG]

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Wow, that's alot of reading! Are you going to add meat bird now to your long list of chicken breeds? [​IMG]

3. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup! I got my first batch and they are going on 5 weeks 64 of them and they are going so well I have another one coming so that we can get through the year on our own chicken and not have to buy store bought ever again.
    I ordered a side of beef from a local farm that raises grass fed beef on 122 acres.
    I have been thinking of doing it for a while and then read Omnivore's Dilemma and it kind of sealed the deal for me on all store bought meat.
    I just ordered some turkeys for the holidays and to put in the freezer for the year from a local guy but I think I am going to raise my own for next year.
    These forums make it possible because there is so much support and info here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by