I Can't Believe I Read the Whole Thing! lol

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by the simple life, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Okay, I just finished reading most of the posts in all 126 pages of this section, some of it was repetitive, alot of it, especially about feed but I did learn some other good stuff tucked in here and there.
    If anyone is knew to raising meatbirds I highly recommend reading the pages here from back to front so you can follow the sequencing and follow people's stories.
    Okay, I am off to read the turkey section now. [​IMG]

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Wow, that's alot of reading! Are you going to add meat bird now to your long list of chicken breeds? [​IMG]

3. Yup! I got my first batch and they are going on 5 weeks 64 of them and they are going so well I have another one coming so that we can get through the year on our own chicken and not have to buy store bought ever again.
    I ordered a side of beef from a local farm that raises grass fed beef on 122 acres.
    I have been thinking of doing it for a while and then read Omnivore's Dilemma and it kind of sealed the deal for me on all store bought meat.
    I just ordered some turkeys for the holidays and to put in the freezer for the year from a local guy but I think I am going to raise my own for next year.
    These forums make it possible because there is so much support and info here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by