I Can't Believe It Work!!!! PICS!!!! * What Do You Think? *

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BirdBoy88, Jun 18, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I am going to be Tired at work tomorrow..lol

I have Button quail eggs on the way in the mail as you all already know..lol

and i've been up all night trying to figure out how can i fit thoughs tiny eggs on my auto turner.. so i sat down and started thinking..........and thinking............and thinking..........and thinking..... now i have a headach..lol so then i got up and got my cell phone cuz my cell has a small flashlight on it so i shine the light in the bator first checking the temps there fine then i started looking at the turners still thinking about how can i fit these button eggs in there then it HIT ME!!

I still had blue yarn left that i use for my finches when they make there nest..... i got one of the turner cups out the bator and got the yarn an i cut a piece of yarn and rap it around one end of the turner cup then around the other end like a circle and tied it but not to tight but firm enough and then all i gotta do is sit the button egg in the middle!! [​IMG]

The egg wont move or wiggle around in the turner cup and there is nothing rap around it blocking air from it ( i have 30 more cups to put yarn on...lol i'll post pics of it when i'm done ) [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Macrame bator cups? LOL [​IMG]

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:i wish i knew what that ment LOL sry kinda tired still trying to get the yarn on these cups..lol

4. PulletSurprise

PulletSurprise Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Salem OR
    Thats clever! Keep us posted....I can't wait to hear how it goes! [​IMG]

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:i wish i knew what that ment LOL sry kinda tired still trying to get the yarn on these cups..lol

Macrame was a kind of yarn/knot tying that was popular in the 1970's. People often made lots of "crafty" items with it. I can picture those plant holders that you hang from the ceiling.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland

Macrame was a kind of yarn/knot tying that was popular in the 1970's. People often made lots of "crafty" items with it. I can picture those plant holders that you hang from the ceiling.

Ohhhh now i know...LOL yea i my granma uses that..LOL

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Ok this is how i did it....

as you can see the Yarn is over a small circle in the middle of the turner cup.. the button egg will be sitting in that circle.

[​IMG]

The Yarn will be place over the egg keeping it from rolling off the turner cup when it is turning... The yarn isn't pressing down tight on the egg it is just a little firm enough to keep the egg from moving.
    this is a Marble i use as an egg to give you an idea of what i mean.

[​IMG]

There is nothing rap around or under the egg there for the egg will get lots of air it needs during incubation [​IMG]

So what do you think?

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Very ingenious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by