I can't believe it's veining

Germaine_11.20

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
Idaho
I bought 4 african geese off of CL. 2 mated pairs. They are young and one of the girls started laying about a month ago.

Each egg I gather and incubate and... nothing. But today I candled and it is veining. I can hardly believe it! Only issue is raising it over the winter. Ay yi yi. They get stinky inside.

But it's veining!

Congrats!
wee.gif
Invest in noseplugs!

Oh yeah, I know! I hatched out 2 this summer and was fine until they got a little bit older. Then the smell escalated!

I just can't believe it was fertile this late in the year. Someone posted a while ago and said they rarely are. But I figured I'd try.

I was wondering why she kept wandering away from the other geese. She didn't at first when she started laying. But those were not fertile.

I was starting to worry that she was sick. She just wasn't herself.
Yesterday I found her standing in the dog igloo. I think she wants to make a nest and can't decide where.

I am going to stuff the igloo with some straw and see what happens. I'm not going to let her set on them, it's just too late. But at least I will know where to go to get them.

Congrats
yippiechickie.gif

Since the weather has cooled down this last couple of weeks..my ganders are already start to hiss at me..and I am like what is your problem..I keep telling them that behavior is uncalled for at this time of year..LOL

Back
Top Bottom