I can't believe people bought this...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Ace_king_brahma, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    To this day somethings just amaze me. I saw this item on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/U-Can-Sex-Hatch...ryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and thought no one would be that dumb to buy it yet checked the purchases and it actually sold. This is nothing more than the little game we used to play by tying a ring, needle or something to the end of a string and depending on how it swung would tell you the sex of an animal or if you'll have kids etc etc etc.

2. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    I could take a Styrofoam cup, glue a penny to the bottom , color the cup with crayons and sell it on ebay as a "Wish Cup" and somebody would buy it

3. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG - I saw this when cruising for hatching eggs. I thought about posting it.

I can't believe anyone bought it either.

Just think, some lucky soul is out there awaiting their magical chicken-sexing tool.

[​IMG]
    Em

4. Ace_king_brahma

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Quote:LOL. I guess we could all find a way to cash in on this!

5. Ace_king_brahma

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Quote:That is the funniest part that someone is -waiting- on this with high hopes! It's also going to be sobering when they find themselves with straight run chicks instead of all pullets.

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    That's funny........ you think people who bought that were gullible.......... type in "haunted" on ebay sometime [​IMG] It's AMAZING what people will try and sell and even more amazing what people will pay!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  7. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    yeh i could do a 30 min infomercial for kids...

like Floam ...

narrator: "Kids..have you ever wished you had something but your wishes werent working?....well now they can with....
    WISH CUP"

cue the wish cup music....

narrator:" Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right, Wish CUP! ...you'll even receive a shiny one of a kind wish penny in each and every cup to help you get started with your first wish"

show little kids wow faces at the shiny penny!

Narrator: "and through this special TV offer, you'll receive not one ..but THREEEEEEEEEE!!! uniques one of a kind wish cups!
    make wishes anywhere...in your room...in school....on the bus.. even...at the mall...you can use your wish cup anywhere!!

and if you order today we'll throw in a FREE ball in a cup!!! its hand painted wooden ball-in-a-cup, Mexico's favorite toy for over 340 years. Who needs constant video game stimulation when theres ball-in-a-cup? You just toss the ball, catch it in the cup, dump it out of the cup, toss it, and catch it in the cup again. The ball is on a string and attached to the cup, so theres no worry if you dont catch the ball in the cup. And clean up is as easy as catching a ball, in a cup. So why spend another day not catching a ball in a cup when you can be catching a ball-in-a-cup?"

order now and get 3 wish cups and free ball in a cup for just 3 easy payments of $19.99

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    And if you look at the feedback from the people that bought them, they swear that they work!!

9. wilded

wilded Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Texas
    My grandmother used to use a sewing needle on a thread to sex animals and she swore by it. Who am I to say it doesn't work. [​IMG]

10. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Forget chicken sexing tools. Now I want the ball in a cup!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by