1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I can't believe this!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Wise Woman, May 13, 2011.

1. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Before we start building our new coop, I decided I want a chicken tractor as well so the chicks can go outside and have their own space before transitioning to the new coop once it is done. Of course, with our budget being tight and me wanting the coop exactly the way I planned it, I really don't have the money to build or buy a nice chicken tractor. So I started digging around today and I cant believe it but there is almost enough stuff here to build my chicken tractor! 2x4s, plywood, hardwire cloth and assorted other bits and pieces of wood. I even found a couple of T&G cupboard doors. I had no idea my husband had all that stuff put here and there. There is even one 2x4 that has the perfect angle cuts on both ends for an A frame tractor and is a perfect size, so all I have to do it use it to mark all the other ones! I am so excited. I will have to buy some primer and paint and hinges, but probably not much else.

The bad news is that I have a gig tomorrow and so I will have to wait until Sunday afternoon to start on it. But I am so happy to have most of what I need. Once the tractor is built I can relax a little because I will know the the chicks have a place to be while we are working on the new coop. It sure pays to dig around in and under your husbands tool shed!

2. Kerry in Wa

Kerry in Wa Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Nice score! [​IMG]

3. lebentier

lebentier Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    SoCal
    i am transitioning my teenage chick into the big girls using a tractor. it is working great.

4. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    awesome finds Cant wait to see the pictures of your progress !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by