I can't believe what I just did :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by smpezzi, Jul 9, 2008.

1. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    I was hand turning eggs and dropped one [​IMG] I can't believe it this batch went in on June 26 11 eggs 2 haven't developed and one may have stopped but I still had 8 great ones and what do I do I drop one. I put wax on it and will [​IMG] I just can't believe it! That is what I get for turning them today [​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    That's the very reason I put mine in an egg carton and turn the whole carton...I am clumsy! This way I don't even have to touch the eggs!

3. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    I KNEW I should just wait until later to turn them even though it would have meant they would only get turned once today [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Well live and learn next time I have had a looonnnngggg day at the hospital I won't touch the eggs.

4. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    my son did that the other night and i did it lastnight and i only had five of them left!! i think we're trying to be so careful that we mess up.

5. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I did that a few days ago except I didn't actually drop them. I had then in a shoebox on a stool in the extra bathroom where we keep the bator and I went in to get something and sat down on the lower step of the stool and knocked the 3 eggs in the box right into the floor. It broke the shell and the membrane was exposed but i just threw them away, there was too big of a chance of bacteria since they hadn't even been put in the bator yet, I was going to put them in a few hours later! Oh well, guess we all can't be graceful!!!!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by