1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I can't believe you people!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tarragon, May 14, 2011.

1. tarragon

tarragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Bothell, WA
    Yes, you. You BYC people.

I can't believe that there is such an amazing group of such wonderful, helpful, encouraging people!

I have never had chickens before. My 4 little ladies are now happily living the good life out in their coop, after having spent a successful brooding period in my family room. Thanks to all the information and support on this forum I felt confident throughout the whole process. If I couldn't find information I needed I posted a question, and always had rapid responses.

I had no idea chickens could be so much fun. I just was outside checking on them and they BEGGED me for "just a little time" free ranging. (they already spent a good chunk of the day outside the run)
    So, of course, I let them. I came back inside and tended to dinner, then went back out to the yard. All four of them came running to me and crowded around me, nibbling the grass by my feet. They really do make me smile. Now, if only Johnny Depp could remember where the door to the coop is........

So, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You!! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Glad you found what you needed here at the BYC! You've embarked on a lifelong obsession, I'm sure, just like most of us. Chickens surprise and amaze me daily. Never realized how much fun they could be when I first got them.

3. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    I want to extend my thanks as well... I have learned more here than I could glean off of any of the many chicken books I've read, and over my months (years) of research and reading here I now feel that I am able to provide the best care for my new chickens. [​IMG]

4. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    My thanks too!

All you peeps have helped me out A TON! I went from knowing nothing with a box of chicks in my hand to- well.... i still kinda have a box of chicks in my hand [​IMG]. I GOTTA LOT OF LEARN, BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS!

5. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

You are welcome! There are some really great, friendly and helpful people on here.

6. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Quote:I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    My thanks too! I've been reading and learning and laughing myself silly over some of these posts and crying over some others. I have gleaned a lot of knowledge here and when the time finally comes that I have chickens I know that when panic strikes over something I don't know that others here will share their knowledge and help me over the rough spots.

This forum rocks! My hats off as well to those who make it possible for crazy chicken people to have a place to gather.

8. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

I too have learned alot from this forum and what I've learned I have tryed to pass on. [​IMG] [​IMG] THIS FORUM ROCKS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!

x3! [​IMG]

10. DaveK88

DaveK88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    Killingly Ct.
    I couldn't agree more. The people here are always ready to help a new chicken owner. I belong to a Great Dane forum and I seriously can not believe how preachy those people are. everyone thinks they know everything about Danes and don't mind telling you that you are wrong if you don't agree with them. Everyone here has been great answering our questions and giving advise. So thank you all very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by