I Can't Eat My Hens Eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Porlalee, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Porlalee

Porlalee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    Anybody out there ever heard of such a thing?? I have been getting two eggs every day from my beloved Dominiques for over a month now. I can't even think about eating one of their eggs without getting nauseous. Hubby was raised on a farm in Iowa and said he has heard of people not being able to eat the animals they raised, but never heard of someone not being able to eat the eggs!!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I was the same way for about 2 weeks, then I got over it.

Imp

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    All I can say is that you are missing out on the healthiest, yummiest eggs you will ever find--FROM YOUR OWN FARM!

4. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Today is the first time in a week that I have eaten eggs. I just got tired of them for a little while.

5. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Go buy a dozen from the store. Have an empty carton on hand. Tell DH to mix em all up (make sure you buy ones color matched or as close to yours as possible) and see if that helps? So maybe ya can't tell the difference at first glance?

[​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

But you'll be able to taste the difference... and you'll happily toss the store bought ones. [​IMG]

And no, don't feel bad... even with rave reviews from us, in laws, and friends my Sis and Mom still won't touch ours.

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Quote:THAT's a great idea! Happy to say i never had a problem eating my chickens eggs, but i can understand how some people can.

8. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    I havent gotten any eggs yet, my birds are still young. BUT I was feeling pretty awful about eating chicken for a while. And that was not chickens I raised. I totally understand.

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

10. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

If it were me, I would bake some banana bread or something and add one egg from my hens, and the rest store-bought. Then if that tasted fine, I would probably feel better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by