I can't even give them away!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by koakritters, Aug 11, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    I've got too many chicks! I've even offered them for free on CL but still not one person interested... Don't even get me started on the "free roosters!" posting i've had up for over a month with no replies... If I don't find them a home in the next 3 days then I won't have room for the silkies that the feed store is getting in on sat!!! [​IMG] What else can I do? LOL. 5 chicks need homes...

2. Oobhakeb

Oobhakeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Lancaster, Kentucky
    ......eat them? I know, I know.....it's hard for me to think about eating my birds Ive had for 2 months.....but I know there will come a point.....all I can say is good luck...

3. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Can you put up a sign at the feed store?

4. trophywife

trophywife Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    baldwin
    I would be too nervous with CL Did you try bidbird.com or eggbid.net? actually doesnt BYC have a buy/sell page?

Good luck

5. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    What do you have? Post an ad here. Maybe someone will take them for the cost of shipping. Or if you are REALLY dedicated to getting them a forever home....you could fork out the cost for shipping...Just don't do this.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/grd/2540801497.html [​IMG]

6. Lil'ChickFarm

Lil'ChickFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Oh my, I just read that link. Why?? There are lots of farmers that butcher too.
    I know plenty that do and I know that I will need to deal with that one day too. It is part of poultry farming.

7. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:I would just eat the roosters, and the chicks... why do you have them?

8. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i have the chicks because my hen decided to actually sit on her eggs for once! of course I didn't want to take them from her, i mean, what's the chance of all 5 hatching???... [​IMG] I've also got 4 purebred D'Uccle cockerels that I need to find homes for as well... but those ones technically aren't mine...

9. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Definitely put an ad on Craigslist. That's how I have sold many of my birds. Also, take pictures and make a flyer and ask if you can put it up at the feed store and make sure you add your phone number to it. You can stake a sign in front of your house "Rooster "free" or for sale." I know roosters are hard to get rid of. Sometimes I get luck and people want new blood in there stock or they want to eat them. I honestly don't have a problem with that. I would suggest not getting anymore. Find a "Chick-n-onomous" to help with your chicken addiction.

10. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:Ahh, I see. Why can't you make another brooder, or make yours bigger. 5 chicks don't take up much room [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by