I cant figure out what this one is..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Denece&Lacey, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    This chick is very small compared to the other bantys. It is about 6 weeks old. It hasnt grown much at all. It scurries around like a mouse. Very cute, just dont know what kind it is!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    I will see if I can get some larger pictures on today. Does anyone have any idea?

3. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Do you think its possibly a Cornish bantam?

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Cornish have yellow legs.

Yours is probably an old english game bantam, they are usually the smallest.

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    OEG....... here's mine, she's a couple weeks old now....... you can see, she's even smaller (doesn't show very well in that pic.. but she is smaller [​IMG] LOL) than the Sebright (small bantam).. and they are the same age. Anybody have any clue what color my OEG is??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  6. king2

king2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    GA
    Guitarists I would say either bbr or silver duckwing, but definately leaning more towards bbr
    DeneceandLacey I would say that a bigger pic would definately help

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    If Guitarist's pics are the ones in question, that is definately not a silverduckwing. BBR all the way.

8. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Mine look alot like Guitarists but the wings arent long like that. I will ad a better picture. Mine is about 6 or 7 weeks old. Tiny compared to our others. I will get a picture with another chick in it so you can tell how small it is.

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Mine is only a couple weeks old.. I think she is just yet to grow into her wings [​IMG] By the time she's as old as yours... I expect they will be more proportionate to her body [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    denece& lacey yours is too small to see. I dont think cornish though

Guitarist I dont think your chick is an oegame; because of the leg color is too light and what is with those spangley things starting on the wings? well maybe if oegb spangled color have yellow legs it is but bbred has greenish legs so no its not that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by