I can't find Cochin bantams anywhere! :( Waaahhh!

Check out my website, I have some young'uns (Mille Fleur & Splash) . They will be ready to go in June, but I can't ship in that heat, not til Sept. Unless we get a cool spell.
tongue.png

Why don't you hatch your own? You can pick out what you want and sell the others. I have Bantam Barred cochins that I could sell eggs. Good luck in your search.
thumbsup.gif

Fattie, I saw your website the other day and Pm'd you! Your birds are beautiful!

Tammie, I was kind of looking for certain colors, but if nothing comes up soon I may be sending you a message! Thank you!

4-H chicken mom, I don't have an incubator (though I do have 2 broody silkies right now!) but I don't really have interest in hatching... I'm not allowed to keep roosters, I have limited space and I know I'll get attached to all of them! I also don't want to deal with having a bunch of adorable cockerels that I can't find homes for and can't keep. The thought has crossed my mind but it's just not for me. Thanks, though!

I am also having a hard time finding some Cochin Bantams for sale. I bought a dozen eggs and they are in my incubator now but i'm not sure how many are going to hatch or what I'm going to get out of the hatch and I'm not sure what quality the parents were. I found some really good quality birds that aren't too far from me but I'm not looking for show winners and they are a little more than I wanted to pay. I am just looking for breeding quality Cochin Bantams in any color. I currently have a 1.5 yr old Cochin Bantam hen so I am looking for a rooster for her and some chicks or if someone could give me a good deal on like 3 dozen hatching eggs that would be great. I am located in Northern CA.

I don't know why they're so tough to find! I figured they'd be a popular breed that everybody would have! You should have better luck finding hatching eggs than sexed pullets, though!

Still can't find any. I've gone through 20+ pages of google searches and emailed every breeder I could find. I've PMed several BYC members. I've been looking at Craigslist daily and emailing anybody with an ad that sounds the least bit promising. I've only gotten about three responses total, from all of those different sources. I'm a little frustrated that the vast majority of people I contact aren't even responding to say "I don't have anything right now, but check back in August." It's pretty disheartening.

Wish we were closer...I have a trio of barred that are awesome quality! I also have 5 birchen hens and 1 roo, and a blue roo with 2 blue and 1 black hen! Trying to sell them all. My husband can't stand the crowing!!! I'm in WV

Last edited:
I am selling my Splash now. I have 3 chicks listed on eggbid right now. I may sell a couple Millie Fleurs too, with them, my choice of color pattern. PM me if you are interested, or bid on the Splash on eggbid.
smile.png

I will try my best to pick out pullets. I should be able to on the Millie Fleurs, maybe a couple Splash too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom