I cant find goose eggs anywhere.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chickenlover222, May 20, 2010.

1. chickenlover222

chickenlover222 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Brown Summit
    I cant find anybody that has any goose eggs. I've looked on Craigslist everyday and I have also posted ads but no responds, just scams. I have asked around and haven't found anybody who has any. I just recently had a goose that i got from this lady and it had a messed up joint, i was helping her learn how to walk because she couldn't. She was obviously raised in a bad environment, well i was getting attached to her but the other day i walked in the room that i had her in and found her dead. I had her in a 50 gallon water tub with straw and stuff so she could stay separated, somehow she got out of it and hit the boards i had up blocking the wholes so the baby chicks couldnt get in the wholes in the wall,and they fell on top of her and killed her. I cried once i saw it. As i thought about it, i enjoyed having a goose and now want some goose eggs to hatch but cant seem to find anybody with them, Any suggestions? I don't want to order them from a magazine or hatchery, i would like to get them from somewhere close. I live in Greensboro.

2. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    You could try posting in the Items Wanted to Buy section of the forum. [​IMG] You might want to specify how many you want, what breed/breeds you are interested in, if you want pure/mixed, how close is close, and the like. Goose season is almost done, so not many people have eggs. Good luck though! I hope you find some. [​IMG]

3. chickenlover222

chickenlover222 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Brown Summit

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It's pretty late in the season for geese, most people let theirs go broody by now. You might have better luck ordering goslings from a hatchery, I'm sure some still have goslings available [​IMG]

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    You can also try Ebay. There are still some sellers that have goose eggs available.

Laurie

6. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I live in West Palm Beach, FL and have a pair of Embden geese. Gertrude is still laying, about once every other day or so. Send me a PM and we can work out details. I have 3 eggs right now ready to put in the mail if you'd like to give them a try.

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I wish I had some extra cash, I'd get in on that deal [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by