1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I can't get an avatar to post.

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by MRNpoultry, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I got joined photobucket the other day and have been trying to make a avatar, but when I press upload nothing happens. Am I doing somthing wrong?

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

get a photobucket accnt, upload your pic to photobucket, resize to avatar size, save to your computer, then put the pic as your avatar. worked for me!

3. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I copied the image information then went here and pasted then clicked upload. But still nothing. I am going to try again.

4. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    On this site, do you get a message saying your image is too large?

5. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    When I click upload nothing changes. is there any way to make your image smaller in KB. My picture is one of my hens. I set my picture on avatar size.

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

You have to use the resized one that you saved to your computer as your avatar.

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

you have to resize it to avatar size in photobucket first.

8. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Are you sure you checked the box "Show Avatar"?

9. CoopDelisle

CoopDelisle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    after you resize it in photobucket then you have to get it back into your computer. that is how we did ours. hope it works for you.[​IMG]

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

you also have to click submit and after that it should post it- not right off but when you check your posts next

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by