1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I cant get rid of cocci!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TheHappyHen21, Sep 8, 2016.

1. TheHappyHen21

TheHappyHen21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2015
    Russell, Ny
    It is very depressing... I noticed one maran hen awhile ago with bloody poop so i treated everyone like how i read your saposs to. Now like a week after treatment i notice in a diffent chicken pen a glob of bloody poop. Everyone acts normal.so i started it again today... It is so depressing as i sell chicks and fertile eggs:'( i dont know what to do

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Sorry about your predicament. Sounds like the first round of treatment did some good. Hope this second one does the trick. Hang in there. :hugs

3. polish hen

polish hen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2016
    Sometimes for whatever reason certain birds have trouble building imunity to it and it can take several treatments before they finally get over it, frustrating I know, sometimes treating with a severe outbreak dose for seven days then follow that with the maitanance dose for two more weeks works best at least it did for my birds

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Can you post some photos of the poop?
    What treatment dose did you use?

5. TheHappyHen21

TheHappyHen21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2015
    Russell, Ny

I dont have photos yet as i was rushing this morning for work. It was splat poop with red blood. Here are pics i found online what it looks like that im seeing. I woke up this morning, went out to feed and water and i found 3 splats like this. I was devastated. I think i might try Sulmet. I have a large bottle of it and worked great on my goat kids. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Just some advise....Totally clean your coop and run...Keep it dry...Give the meds and it should all clear up...

Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by