I cant make a waterer ?????

kimisfishing

Songster
8 Years
Oct 1, 2011
Branson Missouri
I bought a new bucket and read the directions....
barnie.gif

the water still runs over the edges?????

1 5gal bucket
thumbsup.gif

1 oil pan under it
thumbsup.gif

1 hole in bucket
thumbsup.gif

I covered the hole with my finger, filled the bucket with water and the water just runs out????
he.gif
barnie.gif
duc.gif
somad.gif

What am I missing here???
hu.gif

This is not rocket sience
rant.gif

I might be wrong, because I haven't done that before, but I think there has to be a lid on the bucket to create pressure or suction. If there's no lid sealed on the bucket, the water just runs out as you're finding. I learned this the hard way when one of my waterers got a crack in the top after I dropped it and water came gushing out the bottom. Never held water again.

The lid must create a seal or it will not work I learned this the hard way the firehouse subs pickle buckets have a great seal in them work fantabulous

Where did you put the hole? A bucket waterer depends on there being a vacuum. Said hole needs to below the water level you want it at and any lid needs to be air tight. Any air in and there will be no vacuum to keep the water up so to say.

22249_waterer_2.jpg

Cut a hole through the side of the bucket near the lid but so the hole will be under water when your oil pan fills up. Fill the bucket with water and put the lid on. Turn the bucket over and put it in the oil pan.

Buckets and lids should be free at a deli of bakery.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom