I can't make brownies!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by LegHorn-BusHorn, Sep 5, 2009.

1. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    Of any kind, they are always burnt on the sides and not done in the middle. I have good intentions thou. I would think it's my oven, but everything else cooks fine. I'm gonna go get the half cooked half burnt brownies out of the oven now. Any suggestions out there? Anyone else have the same problem? Yep, came out horrible! This is it no more BROWNIES! [​IMG]

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    What kind of pan are you using?

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I love the gooey half done brownies..send them to meeeeee! [​IMG] Heated up with some ice cream on top....yum! Now i want brownies....[​IMG]

4. LegHorn-BusHorn

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    I am using a pyrex 13 x 12 inch pan. Sending them your way redhen! And they were even cream cheese brownies. I may try some goo later. [​IMG]

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Cut the heat in your oven by 25 degrees. if that doesn't work, try a water bath.
    Put the brownies on a baking sheet or in a bigger cassarole dish in the oven, then put about 1/4 inch of water in the surrounding pan. When half the baking time's over, remove the brownies from the bath and finish baking as usual.

6. LegHorn-BusHorn

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    I will try that next time, sounds like it could work, now if I can just remember. [​IMG]

7. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    Quote:Ok I was wanting a Hot Fudge Sunday BEFORE this post. Now I Have to go get one!

8. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    now you got me wanting brownies so I had to go and fix some!! and I sure dont need them

9. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    25 degrees F cooler for glass baking dishes - that's what my cookbook says too.

You are giving the symptoms for too high heat for whatever it is...FrenchHen is right on the money. I'll try that pan of water myself when I have trouble with the double-batch apple coffee cake.

yummm, brownies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by