1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I can't reply to pm's today

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by joebryant, Nov 21, 2008.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

When I get a pm now, I do not have the "Reply" button. I used to have it, but I got a message today, and in order for me to reply, I had to write an original message to send as a reply.
    BTW, I have never been able to read my "Sent" messages. Is that normal, or am I supposed to have a "Sent" envelope.
    Have I just not set my message folder up or what? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I don't know about the reply button not being there but to view your sent messages you have to click "save a copy of this message to my sent folder" button (I think that's what it says) before you send it

3. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Maybe your PM is full?
    Delete some messages?
    C

4. Crest Acres Girl

Crest Acres Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern California
    try using another browser? are you using internet explorer?

and with the sent message, while you send your message on the bottom under options theres an option for you to save message.If you check the little box then that message will be saved in your sent message box [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  5. joebryant

Quote:That was it. I was using Netscape 7.2 as usual. It's my favorite browser, but it's obsolete since AOL took it over; now it's dead in the water. I went to Foxfire as you suggested. Sent messages and replies to myself (couldn't think of anyone better to talk to), and lo and behold... THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH. I've never understood all that ever since I joined BYC.

6. Crest Acres Girl

Crest Acres Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern California
    hehe no problem, glad you fixed it [​IMG]

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] My husband says Foxfire all the time. He was a fan of the books! Firefox is the browser - I know, a slip of the fingers [​IMG]

8. joebryant

Quote:[​IMG] My husband says Foxfire all the time. He was a fan of the books! Firefox is the browser - I know, a slip of the fingers [​IMG]

Nah, I only get it right 50% of the time. I never can remember which is right. It's like the spelling of separate/seperate and desperate/desparate, two words that have driven me to the edge ALL my life. I'm a terrific speller actually, but I NEVER can remember which one is per or par, and I've tried remembering little helps to remember, like "party". Then I can't rember which one "party" is supposed to help me to differentiate. Those two words have confused me all my life, and Foxfire/Firefox is doing the same. I think though that eventually I'll be able to deal with Firefox. Or is it Foxfire?

Edit: It's Firefox, desparate, and seperate. I asked Anne AGAIN. I'm desparate for a party.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by