I can't stop laughing

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by debilorrah, Sep 11, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I went to the hen house last night to turn off the fan (still hot here) and pet my girls, close their door, etc. Because they are still getting used to their new home, the girls huddle to one end of the roost, except for two that I pet every night. Well..... the ladies crowded the roo, all 2 1/2 feet of him, so tightly that he fell off the roost! FELL OFF THE ROOST. Wings flapping, squawking at the top of his lungs and all, and he fell. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Being pushed around by the ladies is he?? Sounds about right,,,,haha!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    That is pretty funny. I would have burst out laughing, and damaged his manly ego irreparably forever.

My girls squish each other too. I wonder what makes one side of the roost so much better than the other.

4. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Who knows!!! My chickens do the same thing,,,everyone wants the top bar all the way over in the corner,,,sometimes they switch corners,,,,I can't get my head around it,,,[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

There was nothing funnier than seeing that old rooster flapping around trying SO HARD to stay on the roost. And boy oh boy did he give me the evil eye once he landed!

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that is hilarious. mine do that too...everyone trying to sleep next to 'the man' and they flap, fall, and fly again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by