1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I can't Take Zombies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Oct 27, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    OK. After trying for years, I've decided I can't take zombies.

When I was 12, I watched "Night of the Living Dead." We're talking black and white, Beta version of it. It was my birthday gift from my parents to watch it. I watched it in the dark, ALL BY MYSELF. Afterwards, I had to go and take care of my dog, which was outside, in the dark....with no floodlight.

I "think" that has seriously warped me because I am scared to death of "Dawn of the Dead" and "Shaun of the Dead" was NOT funny. I was scared.

So I tried today to watch another zombie movie. We're talking on SyFy for freaks sake!

I watched 10 seconds of it before I was screaming and hiding behind my own hands.

What on Earth? Is nobody else freaked out by zombies?!

I have half a mind to get that "Zombie Survival Guide" but just reading about it would make me have nightmares.

2. okiegirl

okiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Tuttle
    have you read the other zombie threads? very interesting [​IMG]

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    *knows what she's going to be for Halloween if she is ever around rodriguezpoultry*

4. okiegirl

Jun 25, 2009
    Tuttle
    ok, now that's just mean. [​IMG]

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Not cool.

Even those "haunted houses" make me freak out when I hear the moaning. When something is chasing me...I'm GONE!

And just in CASE you do come by me....I am locking myself in my zombie-proofed attic with my .22 and buttload of ammo!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
  7. okiegirl

Jun 25, 2009
    Tuttle
  8. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    I know what you mean! I watched Night of the Living Dead when I was younger (probably around 16) with one of my friends. We were at my house alone - 15 miles outside of town, house in the middle of 40 acres, no nearby neighbors. We were both so freaked out - we locked all the doors, brought the dogs in and got out my dad's guns! Didn't sleep at all that night and not very well for several more nights. Still don't really like zombie movies, but did like Shaun of the Dead. This past weekend my son had a few friends over and we were all bored so I offered to take them to a movie - they were all shocked and cracking up when I suggested Zombieland. Of course we went - and it was pretty good. Not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but not bad for zombies.

Good luck getting over your fears - took a long time (abt. 30 years) for me to get over it. You should try to see Zombieland just for the rules that the one character has for surviving zombies - just in case [​IMG]

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I'm freaked out by EVERYTHING in horror movies, not just zombies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by