I can't wait anymore

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blumenmadchen, Sep 29, 2015.

1. blumenmadchen

blumenmadchen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2015
    I just need to get out some frustration. My girls are still not laying and I am going crazy! I keep telling everyone, "Any day now." And I know it will be, but... I have two BOs that are 23 weeks and two EEs that are 22 weeks. They all are all crouching when petted and their combs have turned red. Ugh!

2. The Chicken-Boy

The Chicken-Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Good! There comes ARE supposed to be RED!!!

Chickens lay ONE egg every 28-30 hours.

3. blumenmadchen

Jul 4, 2015
    Yes, I know they should be red. I mentioned it because I know that it means that they are close to laying. I'm just so excited and tired of waiting! Send some egg laying vibes my way[​IMG]

4. The Chicken-Boy

The Chicken-Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

5. shodack

shodack Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2015
    central NY
    Egg vibes coming your way! Do they free range? If so, you may have a hidden nest full of eggs!

6. blumenmadchen

Jul 4, 2015
    They only free range with supervision, and not every day. But lets hope all these vibes help[​IMG]

7. blumenmadchen

Jul 4, 2015
    Ugh, still waiting! They are now 27 weeks. Come on ladies!

8. gonnyto2

gonnyto2 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2015
    central kentucky
    just offering some encouragement to you, my first 2 hens laid on the same day (double surprise for me!) and they were 29 weeks 3 days....i still have 2 more that haven't laid yet and they are 30 weeks 5 days now. i am afraid that since the days are getting shorter that my last two might keep me waiting till spring (boo). my two that are laying are mixed breeds and my two that aren't are brown leghorns (i think). so, don't give up, it will happen eventually! i do understand how hard it is to wait!!

9. blumenmadchen

Jul 4, 2015
    We got eggs!!!!!! I had given up hope until next spring, but I guess my girls didn't[​IMG] I didn't really check the last few days (its been pouring so spend as little time as possible outside). But today when I went to clean out the coop there were two perfectly beautiful tan eggs for me[​IMG] Most likely it was my BO, Peepers. Woohoo!

1 person likes this.
  10. boomercide

boomercide Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2015
    Chatham ny
    I got 1 EE that just started laying and 1 gold wyndot that just started laying but none squat for me is this normal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by