I CAN'T WIN!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Apr 26, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    It's very windy here and a power line went down about and hour and half ago, I immeiditly ran up stairs to cover the bator with towels and what not to hold heat in, it only got down to 91' so I think I'm good, but I just can't win something always goes wrong!!! Luckily there are only 3 eggs in it and my other bator is currently waiting!

2. barnwife

barnwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    I hope they come through ok!! that's not a bad temp...for a short time...what day are they on?

3. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:day 2 lol I'm sure they will be ok(I hope anyways) b/c it was such a short period of time, but it never fails that something goes wrong at my house!

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:day 2 lol I'm sure they will be ok(I hope anyways) b/c it was such a short period of time, but it never fails that something goes wrong at my house!

oh honey!!! gosh dangit! i hope with missprissys eggs and all her blessings upon them they will all magically hatch...she sprinkles magical hatching dust on them you know [​IMG]

5. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas

oh honey!!! gosh dangit! i hope with missprissys eggs and all her blessings upon them they will all magically hatch...she sprinkles magical hatching dust on them you know [​IMG]

HAHA I know, Miss P's arent here yet, but the other boatr is running and waiting! I just hope I can catch a break here lol the last month has been rough!!! I also have some duck eggs that my mom sent me that are going in tommorow, so I'm hoping this wind goes away and the power stays on!

6. barnwife

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    I am most certain they will be fine!

you had a good instant reaction, and it probably save your babies!

Keep us posted!

7. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    You know what's more sad is that I was in the middle of writing a huge paper for my final when the power went out, but... I was more worried about my bators hahahaha

8. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I should add that I'm seriously considering getting a back up battery for the computer but insted using it for my bator, just in case! When I'm not using it for the bators, I can use it for my computer lol

9. barnwife

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    yup, youre an addict lol

[​IMG]

welcome to the club!

10. Huny

Huny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    OOOoooh Backup battery, that's a good idea [​IMG] I need to find the audible alarm when it goes up or down too much. Have me run in and fix the problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by