I caught him!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by S.L.Swope, Nov 11, 2011.

1. S.L.Swope

S.L.Swope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    Ok my grumpy husband who gave in to letting me have chickens but wasn't to happy about him was caught last night.

Caught doing what you ask?

Loving on the chicks! [​IMG]

We've had them for two days and I've seen him watching them when he thought I wasn't looking. Last night it got to 32 and he kept insisting it would be to cold out for the chicks and we should move them to the garage overnight. Well he came out to help me do it quickly and twice I caught him petting the chicks as we got them into box for their overnight stay in garage. [​IMG]

I knew he was all talk!

2. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    My husband didn't talk to me for an entire day when I told him I was getting chickens "for the kids 4H project". Eventually, he built me a coop and few time I've actually seen him try to pet a hen that was wandering near him when he was outside. So they can come around! [​IMG]

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Little fuzz buttes get under almost everyones skins it seems. My wife who is a staunch no no no to everything is saying after a bit more than a year. Good morning girls when she opens the coop door. Then last week she said to me, I like the crazy ones with the hair-do's. I was shocked into silence!!!! Shew my wife of 30 years said she liked a chicken [​IMG] [​IMG] I said; you don't like the chickens you said, right? She said they not that bad I guess [​IMG] I felt like [​IMG] at your rescue!! Tell me BABY, what colors do you like thinking she just said it and she very calmly I like the Silver and I like those Buff ones. I felt like saying lift up your pant leg so I can see your birthmark?? I did not think this was my wife that said that [​IMG] So in the Spring we are looking for some Crazy Hair-Do kids like Polish, Mottled Houdan and maybe even Crevecoeur. Now I will never say never with my bride [​IMG]

4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    there was a gentleman that posted on here a while back, described himself as a tough, biker dude...thought people who had chickens and obsessed were silly...

move ahead, he decided to get some for the eggs...nothing more...he freely admits now that he adores them and fully understands the way we all feel...

Can you see it? A big 250 lb, biker, hugging on a baby chick! LOVE IT! [​IMG]

5. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Steve I fully understand where your wife is coming from. I kept saying for months to the other half I will think about it when asked about getting some chickens. [​IMG] I hated them all my life thought they were dirty & disgusting. I had been chased & spurred by a couple of roos when I was a teen, so I vowed never to have any when I got to be a grownup. All of my adult life never well I have been softened. [​IMG] Different family members tease me about the chickens now & having them. They are more than livestock but not quite pets. I have worried over them, make sure they get treats, have an exceptionally clean coop. I have cried over the losses, cursed the predators chased off a waving dish towels at hawks while wearing my jammies. Now that is a funny sight. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They have been a pleasant, funny experience having them around. Love watching chick tv, better than cable. [​IMG] We do have a couple of roos so far they have been well behaved, nice to their ladies etc. They have gotten past the teenage hormones so I hope they continue to be good roos. Cause those are some big suckers they could do some serious damage. [​IMG] We all melt at the sight of baby chicks the innocence of it all. But I melt at any kind of baby critter.I think that is what the ole man was counting on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by