1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I caught some VOYEURS LOOKING in our windows!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thndrdancr, Jun 13, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I found these two looking in the front window, watching my mother in the kitchen.

[​IMG]

When I ambushed them, they ran......

[​IMG]

they made a clean getaway....

[​IMG]

and strolled off nonchalantly, as if nothing had happened...

[​IMG]

2. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    [​IMG] hahaha

3. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    Ok what breed is the one on the left, and have you decided if your getting more?

4. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    She is my Americauna, or Easter Egger. Bought her from the feed store, I saw your post but I really dont KNOW bout colorings so couldnt answer. I can post a couple pics when she was smaller tho if you want.

The other is a Red S Link.

5. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    yup, thatd be great and, do you know what hatcherie the feed store used, have I asked you this before?

6. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Sorry no, I dont know what hatchery they used, but probably the one in Iowa, what is that one, Murray McMurray? We live in Nebraska so I figure thats it, could call them but not sure they would know if manager is not in, in the mornin.

Ok, I bot two Americauna's, one was my lil cross beak, but she didnt make it. She was the ODDEST looking chicken, would really love to have input on what any of the experts thot she was, recessive gene or what? Most of the ones of Fussy are also with my lil crossbeak.

[​IMG]

Ok, here are a few more I just uploaded, Fussy is the pretty one with the tail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are probably a little over a week old there, sorry I dont have earlier pics, those were the earliest ones I took.
    [​IMG]

7. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    fussy is the yellow one of the chicks, ill need to download yer oics and up the brightness a bit for my moniter

8. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    The yellow chick was my red s link, Fussy is the one in the middle.

She had the eyestripes from the get go, but was just a lil brown fuzzball when I got her. Sorry I didnt get pics when I first got them. [​IMG] She had chipmunk stripes running down her body, under her wings, at this age, it was so cute, but you couldnt see it unless she opened her wings up. She always stood so elegantly, even as a chick. Named her Fussy originally cuz she hated getting her feet dirty, then she went on to talk ALL the time, so I guess is an apt name on all counts. She preens now all the time, and STILL hates her feet to be dirty. She will be a pretty bird I think, and is chock full of personality. She is wilful lil thing tho. She reminds me of MTChick's Americauna, only mine doesnt have the ear tufts or whatever...

9. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Actually, my lil crossbeak was gonna be a gorgeous bird, with white an dark checkered looking feathering coming in on her belly and feathers. She was the ugliest chick they had in the whole container, but I picked her out cuz she kept looking at me, stood there two hours watching her, all the other chicks were "doing their thing" but that one...she stole my heart, was very aware of me for some reason.

So pick out a few of the ugliest ones you can find...see if they dont turn gorgeous. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  10. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    I just dont wana end up with a blackish one, thats what im trying to avoid, we already have 4 blackish colord chickens, ide like something a little lighter for contrast hehe [​IMG]
    One like yours would be great... I like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by