I caved...bought more ducklings :)

Tiggrsbounc

Songster
6 Years
Jun 28, 2013
Eastern NC
Hi all!

Our 3 ducklings (TSC purchased) have been so much fun and I've worried over them just like they were kids. I really considered getting more ducklings but told myself I would wait til later on, like summer. I caved...

We have some chickens (small breeds) but I hate the taste of their eggs for some reason. Every time I want to add a new critter to our farm my husband jokingly tells me it has to earn its keep. Yesterday I purchased more critters that will earn their keep because they will actually produce eggs I'll eat. Hubs knew nothing about it lol.

We went out to eat this evening because we worked on the duck pen until about 8 p.m. While we were waiting for our food I started showing him pictures of several breeds of ducks. He said, "They're pretty. Are any of them like them ones we have now?"
I think we have 2 Pekins and 1 Buff so I showed him the picture of a Buff. Then he told me we could look into getting some of the breeds I showed him before too long. I smiled and said, "I'm glad you feel that way because we'll have some in about 3wks". His eyes got huge and of course he wanted to know how many etc. I love that he just went along with it after his initial shock-I don't usually buy critters without talking it over with him. This is the 2nd time in 28 yrs of marriage that I've bought a critter without discussing it with him. The 1st time I bought 2 horses so I guess 5 ducks weren't that much of a shocker lol.

Sometime between April 17-19th we will have 1 Cayuga female, 1 Buff female, 1 Blue Swedish female, 1 Welsh Harlequin female and 1 Welsh Harlequin male. I really wanted a pair of Rouens as well but they won't be ready until June. Is it bad that I'm already thinking of names for babies that aren't here/haven't even hatched yet?? lol

Last edited:
Hi all!

Our 3 ducklings (TSC purchased) have been so much fun and I've worried over them just like they were kids. I really considered getting more ducklings but told myself I would wait til later on, like summer. I caved...

We have some chickens (small breeds) but I hate the taste of their eggs for some reason. Every time I want to add a new critter to our farm my husband jokingly tells me it has to earn its keep. Yesterday I purchased more critters that will earn their keep because they will actually produce eggs I'll eat. Hubs knew nothing about it lol.

We went out to eat this evening because we worked on the duck pen until about 8 p.m. While we were waiting for our food I started showing him pictures of several breeds of ducks. He said, "They're pretty. Are any of them like them ones we have now?"
I think we have 2 Pekins and 1 Buff so I showed him the picture of a Buff. Then he told me we could look into getting some of the breeds I showed him before too long. I smiled and said, "I'm glad you feel that way because we'll have some in about 3wks". His eyes got huge and of course he wanted to know how many etc. I love that he just went along with it after his initial shock-I don't usually buy critters without talking it over with him. This is the 2nd time in 28 yrs of marriage that I've bought a critter without discussing it with him. The 1st time I bought 2 horses so I guess 5 ducks weren't that much of a shocker lol.

Sometime between April 17-19th we will have 1 Cayuga female, 1 Buff female, 1 Blue Swedish female, 1 Welsh Harlequin female and 1 Welsh Harlequin male. I really wanted a pair of Rouens as well but they won't be ready until June. Is it bad that I'm already thinking of names for babies that aren't here/haven't even hatched yet?? lol
Aw, such a sweet story. It's great you are thinking of baby names in advance.

Back
Top Bottom