I caved in!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenaddict, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I told myself i wasn't gonna hatch any more chicks until spring. Day before yesterday i decided i couldn't wait any more even with 3 full brooders and a garage full of chickens due to the nasty subzero temps. I put 4 "designer eggs" (mutts) under a broody cochin and another 5 serama eggs under another broody. Now to build another brooder. Yikes i can't stop!!!!

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I feel for you...I am insane as well. After all this time I have broke down and am building an incubator. Dang all you hatchaholics! I should never have listened, read or felt for you bad bad chicken people. [​IMG]
    Now I'm blaming all this behavior on YOU today [​IMG] ! Take care and stinx to be you! ha ha ha [​IMG]

3. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    LOL yep it stinks alright [​IMG] my house is full of babies yet on top of the garage. Sitting on my hands obviously didn't work [​IMG]

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (lot worse things to be blamed for! ha ha- soon you can point and laugh at me!) Good luck to your hatch, what type of incubator and percentage of hatch do you seem to average?

5. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I do it the old fashioned way, since the girls decided to go broody on me im gonna put them free loaders to good use [​IMG] i get excellent hatches using broodies. If i had an incubator i'd be in bigggg trouble.

6. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Yea, I too thought I was done for a while, that is until someone local posted hatching eggs for 4.00 a dozen!!!!! (I really need to delete craigs list from my favorites)
    The choices are RIR's and Leghorns. Couldn't choose so of coarse I have to have both....and whats the sence in a half full bator, so I talked my neighbor into getting some too.....and so the addiction continues.....
    Good luck to all of us!!!! [​IMG]

7. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Don't ya just love those crazy deals lol, I mean $4 a dozen sheesh thats cheap I have sold mine for $5 a dozen (mutt eggs). Altho recently I sold an 18 pk of hatching eggs to a fellow BYC'er for $5 [​IMG]. Correction on the first post its now up to 7 serama eggs.... somebody stop me!!!!! [​IMG] Man they outta (sp)? make a pill or something you can take to prevent these temptations.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  8. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    So you folks are already getting broody hens in January?

Rats. I have been watching my bantam cochins day by day, and . . . nuthin.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  9. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I had 6 broodies all at once but i broke 3, the other 3 wouldn't stop and have been broody for over a month which is one big reason why i gave in despite my poor hubbys plea to wait til spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by