1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I collect Meteorites (and maybe a couple rocks here and there)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by refamat, Feb 23, 2013.

1. refamat

refamat Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Blaine, WA
    And I may have a fossil or two. But! I have a good excuse, I have a degree in geology. Anyone else like rocks?

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a small collection of rocks. An awesome BYCer sent me some petrified wood and it is my favorite in my collection. I also have an ammonite necklace that I love and wear often

1 person likes this.
  3. ES Emus

ES Emus Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a large fossil collection...

4. refamat

Feb 16, 2012
    Blaine, WA
    Sounds great. My fossil collection isn't big, I have some crinoids I collected and a piece of stigmaria I found while working in east Kentucky.
    I also have some bone pieces I bought off o ebay to do thin sections of.

5. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I have one I need identified.. it's a good sized chunk.. aqua green and translucent (almost like glass or obsidian).. with white roundish inclusions? in it...

It was given to me several years ago.. and it used to have a sticker on it stating where it was found.. as I recall it said it was from a cave in Kentucky...

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  6. ES Emus

ES Emus Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 50 or so Megalodon (shark) teeth to 6.49 inches, lots of Green River Forrmation Fish, ammonites, trilobites, several dinosaur teeth, dino tracks, and a dino egg, local fossil crabs, mammoth and mastodon teeth, a walrus task, and numerous others. I will try to post a picture at some point...

7. refamat

Feb 16, 2012
    Blaine, WA

8. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

9. Drumlogic

Drumlogic Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    this is my meteorite collection so far. I do have a 50lb Campo but the glass shelf won't hold it. I will try and get a picture of it soon.

10. Drumlogic

Drumlogic Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2011
    here are a few of my fossils. I have a very small collection. I am not an expert on fossils and am still learning, so I only buy what I know to be real. It limits me but I'm learning.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by