I could be an Ebay addict!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mandelyn, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    In the past I've ordered quail eggs off Ebay, with better than expected success. I've started browsing eggs on Ebay again, this time for chickens, and I fear I may become addicted!!

Haven't bid on anything yet, I'm waiting on my husband to bring my incubator out of storage the next time he comes home. (Army thing)

But once it's plugged in... I think the paypal funds will be the only thing holding me back! LOL

Already compiled a list of fave sellers, based on the breed, the looks of the photo'd birds, ect.

So excited! I know I could buy privately... but using Ebay is half the fun! (unless you buy-it-now)

I found my brooder in dad's attic, found the light in the basement when we were cleaning that out... found a huge pile of scrap framing wood, two rolls of rabbit wire... it's totally meant to be! I'll only have to buy corogated roofing, chicken wire, and plywood, which I found on craigslist, for 1/3 of what the lumbar yard charges. Yay!

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Be sure to check each sellers feedback. There are some bad ones on ebay.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've been browsing ebay as well, but since I started shipping eggs a lot, I just can't get past what most of the sellers charge on shipping!! I know it doesn't cost $13+ to ship 6 eggs, and I'm not going to pay that. But that's okay, I want to stop hatching this winter.....whether I do is another story! [​IMG]
    ETA: If you are looking for nice d'uccles or silkies, 1234muki has very nice birds!! She is expensive, but they are worth it, her birds are lovely!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  4. jthayerkatz

jthayerkatz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Holland, MA
    Quote:I agree with this 100%
    I got eggs from ebay a couple of weeks ago and so far it has been a good experience. The seller had 100% positive feedback and answered all of my questions.
    Don't be affraid to ask questions to sellers about their eggs. I wanted to know where the breeding stock came from and some of the sellers told me the specific hatcheries they got their birds from. I went with a seller whose birds came from a breeder, not a hatchery and the seller was glad to give me the info on her birds.

I would also recommend that you look for sellers with very detailed descriptions of what they are selling. Some sellers have mixed flocks and you could potentally end up with mixed birds unless the seller states that in their description. I did alot of research on BYC before buying on ebay. SOme folks had trouble, others had good experiences. I guess it depends on the honesty of the seller. Ebay can be a great way to find the eggs you want, and alot of fun! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  5. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    i can never find any eggs on e bay can someone send me a link...thanks

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Just type hatching eggs into the search bar.

7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008

i was doing that and was coming up with the dinosaur hatching egg toys and other really odd things... then i just did the same thing using ebay.com instead of .ca wow what a difference....lol thanks

8. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    dinosaur hatching egg

man i really need and incubator now

i was doing that and was coming up with the dinosaur hatching egg toys and other really odd things... then i just did the same thing using ebay.com instead of .ca wow what a difference....lol thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by