I could be in trouble!!!! I need Advice please

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lovemychicks9, May 15, 2008.

1. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well I just could not stand all you folks enjoying your new fuzzybutts any longer! I had to do it, I just had too!!!You all made me do it-- (kinda anyway). I wanted some more and I made an order to Ideal for some more fuzzy's. Hoo boy when my husband see's them I could be in trouble![​IMG] I know he likes them just as much as I do but he makes a good show as to " Are you crazy? Or just plain nuts!!" Just can't help it I love those fuzzies. I really wanted some BR's and RIR's and a Gold Sex Link for good measure. Now all I have to do is keep quiet until June 10 and it will be alright, I hope! [​IMG] So I need some advice from all of you wise old hens and roo's, I am going to put my brooder back in the big coop with the then 8 week olds and keep the babies in the hutch untill they are 4 weeks old , do you think they will have any trouble being introduced to the 8 weekers when it is time since they will all be living together basically for a month? I then will remove the brooder/hutch and begin thinking about nesting boxes. Do you think that will work out for me? Also, have you all had a pretty good luck ordering from Ideal? I do not know anything about them except they are in Texas and I am in Arkansas so I thought the girls would not have to long of a trip here. Please give me feedback on Ideal if you can. Thanks and wish me luck with the DH when the new kids come .[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. catfish

catfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Greenbrier, Arkansas
    enjoy your chicks....
    what part of Arkansas you from?

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Being from Texas my shipment is here next day, but I have heard of other states getting them overnight if not, within two days of shipment. They are friendly and easy to deal with. I love Ideal. What kind of fuzzy butts did you get?

4. lovemychicks9

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I got 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds and 1 Gold Sex Link, all pullets. Can't wait, they are just tooo cute and the BR's always remind me of baby penguins. [​IMG]

5. lovemychicks9

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I live just outside of Searcy in the country and I love it except for the tornado's.[​IMG]

6. Chicken Cluck

Chicken Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Just see what happens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by