I could just march into the post office and beat someone down!

Smartie_Pants

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Madisonville, KY
I ordered 6 EE eggs from Halo and she sent them out on Saturday. I called my post office on Saturday and let them know that the eggs would be coming in either Monday or Tuesday and that under no circumstances were they to get on the delivery truck and be brought to my house. I told them several times I wanted the eggs to be kept at the PO and them to call me when they came in. They didn't come in on Monday, so I had my mom call the PO this morning and ask if they had come in. The workers said they had not.

Well, guess what I found setting on my front porch when I got off the bus? The box of eggs. They were SO cold! I immediatly called the PO and asked why they got sent out when I had specifically asked that they not be. The postmaster told me that the lady I had spoken with did leave a message for the workers, but not the delievery man. So I asked him just what he was going to do about this, and he said he didn't know but that I should have gotten insurance. I told him that's why I specifically asked they not be brought to my house. He didn't even know they had came in yet, they weren't in the system!

He told me that he would have to research what exactly to do and that I should call back tomorrow morning!
somad.gif

Needless to say, I'm very angry right now.
rant.gif

The post office never listens. The best thing to do from now on is to have them hold all your mail when you are expecting eggs. I had that happen before. The breeder clearly wrote "HOLD AND CALL" with my number, and what happened, the post office brought them to the house.

GOOD LUCK! I hope you get a great hatch!

Last edited:
I'm sorry this happened despite your best efforts. If it's any consolation, I incubated and hatched eggs that I found in a nest in the straw stack in single digit weather and out of 4 eggs 3 hatched. They were so cold when I found them I thought they would have cracked. Give them a shot- all is not lost.

MY GOODNESS!!! I had an order of 20 assorted eggs in the summer come to my house, and guess what? I had a Doctors appt so when I was going to it, I saw the mail man and I asked if my eggs were in there, and he said: " I have a box, is it yours???" he had tons of stuff PILED on top of my fertile eggs, I was mad, but I kept my head, thankfully none of the eggs were damaged thanks to insulation.

Quote:
The only thing I can thank them for is that the eggs weren't broken. Thankfully they didn't set out for THAT long. My mom leaves at 12ish, and I get home at 3.

Thats good, I wish you the best with them, my ee eggs were all duds exept for 1, I had about four banty embryos, no eggs hatched.

keep us posted...good luck...maybe they will be OK. I have read many times people hatching out cold eggs.

Back
Top Bottom