I could use some help from BYC members living in the Charlotte area employed by area hospitals or Du

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by edible_chicken, Nov 27, 2012.

1. edible_chicken

edible_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    It is six months of being unemployed and still looking. My first child is about to be born and its going to be harder to not have a job. I have submitted hundreds of applications and followed up with them, but nothing is helping. I was told it is now important to "know someone" in the companies. I relocated to the area for various reasons in June and its hard to develop relationships without knowing anybody. I recently signed up to Linked In, but it is hard to find and add people who work at certain organizations that interest me. So I am giving this try and shout out to my BYC friends. If you have a Linked In account and work at any employer in the Charlotte/gastonia, NC and rock hill/york, SC please add me. I have a BA in psychology and minor in business marketing/economics. I also have over six years of experience in mental health working with young children all the way to geriatrics. I also have minimal experiences in business sales as self-employment.

Any help is appreciated!
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonison (pops in new window)

Thank you

Jason Ison

2. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    have you tried the hospitals gaston memroial/Cormount or Presperterian or CNC ther are a few more but I can't recall they all have a psych ward or the gastonia family couseling center my husband's daughter went there to see a theripaist and phychyatrist, just a thought.

I live in Stanley NC.

Rhayden

3. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Welcome to NC! You moved here at a tough time, but things are starting to get better. After being unemployed for nearly 8 months, I now am employed and am seeing more growth in the markets around the Charlotte area. Have you looked at the job search site Indeed.com? I punched in psychology and a bunch of stuff turned up, but not being familiar in the field, I'm not sure which jobs would work for you. Good luck! It really is a great area, I've been here 19 years and really love it.

4. edible_chicken

edible_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    thank you everybody for helping. I am well qualified for most jobs, but I am having a hard time getting employers to call back. Not sure why. I have a long list of recommendations, awards, and high rating on employee evaluations. I am beginning to wonder if I am too high productive for most employers. I am keeping strong and hopefully something will come my way. Maybe I can take out a business loan and start selling baby chicks! I can only wish, right? [​IMG]

5. leslie61

leslie61 New Egg

Jul 2, 2012
    Try carolina medical center website.The transplant center or ortho carolina spine center.they are all near downtown. good luck if all else fails airport has a lot of job listings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by