1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I Couldn't be Prouder if I'd Laid it Myself. *pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by True Grit, Oct 23, 2010.

1. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Spidey,one of my EE 22wk old pullets, didn't come out of the coop when I let everybody out at 9:30 this morning. When I looked inside, there she was, making a little nest on the floor with wisps of hay that had fallen out of the nest box above. I was meeting a friend at the dog park so checked first thing when I got back and Lo and Behold - a GREEN egg! [​IMG] She has been squatting for about 2 weeks and 2 more have started squatting a few days later so looks like production is gearing up. [​IMG]
    The Lovely Spidey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    That is a lovely green egg! I'm still waiting for my EE's to lay green eggs. Congrats! [​IMG]

3. dandelionheart

dandelionheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Love that scale!!! I'm going to be hunting for a similar one... Congrats on the beautiful egg! We are still waiting here (at ~30 wks) - but have been getting squats.

4. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

It's not the Nobel Prize, but don't you feel like you won something big? Congratulations!! I have an old Jiffy scale in green.

5. denim deb

denim deb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Congrats! And, I love the scale. Do they still sell them? I've never seen one b4.

Chic-n-farmer, I love the 1st line in your siggy.

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! I think they do sell them but in a newer style. I got mine on Ebay. There are quite a few on there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by