I couldn't believe it!

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
I recently had surgery on my neck so there isn't a whole lot I can do right now. I told my husband about an old incubator that was for sale at a yardsale my daughters landlord was having. So, he figured he would bring me along so I could get some fresh air. You know, blow the stink off the old lady. We walk outside and see one of the ducks laying down all alone. Very odd
idunno.gif
. We see only 4 ducks hanging out together. Even more strange since we have 6 runner ducks.
hmm.png

My husband goes to pick up the duck and the duck is spooked and wants to run but falls down and goes to sleep. OMG, what happened to the duck? Where is the other one? Found it napping in some small brush not far away. I went to pick her up and she jumped to get away. I put her down to get a better grip (remember, neck surgery) and she stumbles. I look at both the ducks......... eyes look fine. The ducks are DRUNK!!!
ep.gif
Totally plastered, totally s#%^faced.............. 3 sheets to the wind!!
th.gif

What on earth???? My husband being the wonderful guy he is brought home some fruit and veggies from the produce market down the road for the chickens. Stuff that was over ripe. Our guess? watermelon wine.
roll.png
Yep, that was eaten up. It didn't seem to bother the chickens at all. Glad only the two ducks got a hold of it. All I needed was 6 drunk ducks on my hands.
barnie.gif

We separated those 2 misfits into a separate coop. My husband had to take a chicken out of the nest box
somad.gif
. She wasn't too happy........ LMAO! The rooster came running to her side. It took a couple of hours to sober up but they are doing fine.
thumbsup.gif

All I can say........ watch out for fermented fruit in the future.
old.gif

omg! Hillarious!!!!!! We have seen squirels do the same thing. Eat fermenting fruit off the tree, then stumble around and fall off the trees! Hope they feel ok in the morning!
lau.gif

I saw a show on butterflies where they would drink some kind of juice from rotting fruit on the floor of a forest. Then, they fly off in a staggering manner, very strange to see.

I hope that's what it really was and nothing more serious.

I hope that's what it really was and nothing more serious.

Me too. I couldn't help but giggle at the little buggers. My husband wasn't to happy about my snickering, he was worried it was something else. No other birds seemed to be bothered, not even the other 4 ducks. Just the two. So far so good.

Everyone seemed happy around dinner time. Acted as if nothing happened. Guess if I got plastered like that I would pretend nothing happened either.
cool.png

This is so funny, hope that is all it was.
lol.png

I wonder if this is why my chickens hang out when I pick grapes, they are right there to get any droppings and elderberries to.

So I wonder if those two will be at the back door in the morning wanting more watermelon. You may have a couple of lushes on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom