I couldn't help myself New babies!! pics!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by RlgNorth, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RlgNorth

RlgNorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    North Pole, ALASKA
    Well my 25 chicks are coming thru-fri hopfully if the valcano is calm. So I went to the feed store to get some supplys and get brooder rdy for them. WEll I coudln't help it they had baby turkeys and ducks!!!! So I came home with 2 of each hehe. 2 mallards and 2 broad breasted whites.I had them together becuase the lady said icould but had to seperate them becuase the turkeys were picking on the ducks really bad this is day 3 and they are doing awsome!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I want the little ducks!!! [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I dunno if you've had ducklings before but almost a week from now you will be astonished how fast they grow! [​IMG] i know i am! Mine arent even 2 weeks yet and are MONSTERS! LOL! And we love them dearly [​IMG]

4. RlgNorth

RlgNorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    North Pole, ALASKA
    Nope I have never had...chickens, ducks , or turkeys LOL all new to me so ANY advice would be greatly accepted the lady did tell me I couldnt have them with the chicks becuase the chicks can not eat the feed I give the ducks and turkeys. Thankfully my husband was raised around them. but I am main careprovider so I have been doing research. Kindof taking it day by day. I do enjoy them it funny to they in our masterbathroom and I can totally tone out the peeping at night I thought I woudln't be able to in a way the peeping is quit peacful.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Ducks are messy little buggers....but I have sons, so I was prepared [​IMG]

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    yes yes ducks are VERY MESSY! I gotta clean the brooder out near the water TWICE DAILY!!! [​IMG]

they are so fun though, they snuggle on our chest nibble our fingers and hair and shirts, and they are so funny to watch in the bathtub swimming around.

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Too cute!

8. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    So cute...

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    My dad asked me to go to TSC yesterday for something (dont remember) and of course I walked by the chicks first....... they had a sign up for ducks.... 3.50 ACK! Luckily they were out of them because I've been seeing all these pics and almost broke down and got some [​IMG]

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I wish ours were $3.50!! They are $5 each here! I have one baby from a hatch that I messed up, and was thinking of getting it a buddy. I need to, cause the next hatch isn't due for 3 weeks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by