I couldn't help myself.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Emmalion, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    So I started out at TSC this morning and was oooooing and awwwwwwing at all the new chicks they got in... OMG they even had duckies.... How I wanted to sqish their little faces [​IMG] But I got my feed and stuff without buying any.... Man oh man was that hard.

But then it hits me I forgot to pick up cat food. [​IMG] Ohh noes not the starving kitties So on my way to work I stop in to my local feed store to pick up some kitty food (don't wanna lose an eye in the middle of the night) get to the counter to pay and what do they have laying there right in view........ CHICK ORDER FORMS [​IMG]

By this time I had no more strength to fight off the chicks... Even on paper it was hard. I was working my butt off on the new coop all day before work and was tired. So I gave in. No more self control. Plus they won't be in until mid to end of May. My chicks I have now will be outside by then.

I did it I had to make an order....... 6 new chickies

2 Buffs
    2 Naked Necks
    2 Delawares

I was going to order me up some silkies but they had a 5 min of each type of bantam breed. [​IMG]

Oh and I might be hatching some more eggs for my UPS lady. Yup you heard me right my UPS lady [​IMG] She came today I was working on my coop and we were admiring my chickens sunning themselves and got to talking how her and her neighbor want to have about 8 chicks or so. I told her all about TSC and what not but I also told her I can hatch her out some lovely chicks as well. Told her about my Pekins cooking away and wanting to know if I would be selling them. *gasp* I am not selling those babies. But I did tell her to stop in on Monday Morns at TSC because they get them in then.

Phew what a day..... Now to wait until midnight to get home to check on everyone.

2. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Totally true, I swear they feel like they're calling me. I just ordered some more Polish today from a local breeder but the chicks wont be hatched until the end of May. It's going to feel like an eternity ! It already has and it's been.....and hour and 20 minutes. [​IMG] I can't stand it, but atleast I have something to do in the meantime. We're finishing painting the coop but I can only work on it on Saturdays when I'm not A: Studying or B: Working. [​IMG]

I'll wait it out with you [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  3. Emmalion

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Its been about 2 hours for me. I am just glad to have chicks at home already and duckies on the way.

My coop is at its very end of finishing. Need to get the shingles on the roof and close up any gaps then its move in time. For the big guys that is.. One the roof is on I can start building the run so they all have a safe place to be outside while I am at work and be able to let themselves in at night. I hate letting them free range without me home but with todays temps in the 80's they went and hunkered down under the pricker bushes... Good luck getting them then. They hate the small pen and I don't blame them but I hate leaving them out.

I swear I should just start a chick business in town. We don't have anyone around that does it so its an idea....... I can see it now... Breeding pens on all 76 acres [​IMG]

4. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Good luck on your chicks when they come in!I'm also in the process of finishing painting the coop but we have to do a second coat. I'm having a hard time not getting anymore chicks and I only got mine last week! I can't get anymore chicks until next year [​IMG] [​IMG] well thats what my DH said but I might just be able to sneak a few [​IMG]!!! We have to see how the first batch will do before we get more. Good luck.....again!

5. amynbrent

amynbrent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Dryden, MI
    I just got 24 from TSC today (all 19 of mine were killed yesterday) but there is this little country store that usually does order forms. They are getting their first shipment of the season tomorrow and I just may have to take a ride to see them. I want some Silkie's and I'm told they carry them for $2.00... I think that is a good price right? I thought they were alot more $$$. I figure if I add anymore it has to be tomorrow or it may be too late since these babies are a week today.

6. Emmalion

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    $2 really? Man they were almost $4 each at my store. Not sure what TCS sells them for on order.

7. QualityPolish

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Wow 2 dollars is actually cheap. And everyone is talking about TCS, what the heck is that place?

8. amynbrent

amynbrent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Dryden, MI
    The best store ever....forget malls and clothes stores...lol! Tractor Supply Company. Farm/feed store. They have everything, clothes, shoes, chicks, gardening stuff, horse feed, animal feed. It's an awesome store.

9. Emmalion

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Quote:I just wish mine was closer than 4 towns away lol But I picked up some of their layer feed and my girls adore it. They have been on nutrina for a while and toss it to the floor. This stuff smells great and they don't toss it on the floor like the other stuff. It was the Layena crumbles I think.

10. QualityPolish

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Is it sort of like IFA? We don't have any here in Utah (That I'm aware of xD)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by