1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I couldn't resist

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bufforps, Feb 14, 2009.

1. bufforps

bufforps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    So I walked into my feed store the other day and posted right up on the wall was a notice saying that 500 chicks would be arriving very soon. Well wouldn't you know that they just happened to be getting in a bunch of breeds that I didn't already have? And wouldn't you know that they were getting all pullets so I wouldn't have to worry (hopefully) about more roosters? So of course I need more chicks like a hole in the head and I thought I had talked myself out of getting anymore... but guess who was there at 8:30 sharp when the doors opened with my cardboard box ready to be filled with chicks!
    The end result:
    [​IMG]

I did restrain myself to just getting eleven. It is a small miracle that I did not walk out of there with all 500! I got 2 white leghorns, 1 GLW, 2 buff orps, 1 BR, 1 partridge rock, and 4 EEs. Barring a few pasty-butt incidences, everyone is doing great!

2. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Nice little assortment you've got there. They're just too cute. [​IMG]

Paula

3. You are going to love the partridge rock. The GLW is a golden laced what ?

Nice little chipmunks too.

4. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    Usually our local tractor supply does that in the spring. I need to check and see if they have any this year on not. U got some cute chicks.

5. bufforps

bufforps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    Quote:wyandotte. I already have some SLWs, so for the barnyard to complete I of course needed a GLW also!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by