I couldn't stand it anymore.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dogwood Farm, May 6, 2009.

1. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    I called TSC three times today because they told me they were getting chicks in. Finally they got them and they got Barred Rocks. I got Hubby feed as fast as I could kids feed as soon as they got off the bus and in we went. Now see if I can get pictures posted.
    The yellow reddish ones they were calling Comets. Would Comets have racing stripes on their back? Only the one seems to have the red stripes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, they are sexlinks, the reddish ones. Were the BRs straight run? If so, I think you have at least one cockerel in there, possibly.

3. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Yea the Barred Rocks are straight run. As far as the others I've read good about the Red Sexlink and the Comets so doesn't really matter there as long as they are pullets. Now I wait to see what I end up with from my incubator eggs.

4. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    [​IMG] I just have to say your chicks are adorable!!!! I am new to BYC, and we are building our first coop.....can't wait for chicks!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by