I cracked an egg! Is there any hope for it!

Chickstarrs

Crowing
May 6, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I went to candle my hens eggs. In my haste to be quick, I tripped and lost two of them. One cracked completely open and the other is dented. Is there anyway to save the dented egg? Here is a picture. It is on day 10.
P1140731.JPG

I went to candle my hens eggs. In my haste to be quick, I tripped and lost two of them. One cracked completely open and the other is dented. Is there anyway to save the dented egg? Here is a picture. It is on day 10.
View attachment 2649085
No sorry wont surive :( This why I never candle my eggs and just wait till the days. Even tho some people perfer it. Im to clumsy to candle an egg.

Of course the two that I cracked were ones I knew were growing. :hitThere were two that I am not sure since it is mostly black that I see (they are blue eggs). Would have been better if it was one of those. Preferably none at all. I think I may leave the rest now and not touch them again. I am just afraid of leaving any dead ones in the nest to explode. :confused:

No sorry wont surive :( This why I never candle my eggs and just wait till the days. Even tho some people perfer it. Im to clumsy to candle an egg.
This is not true. Many people have has success glossing over a cracked egg with nail polish. I would give it a try, if the membrane is still intact it has a chance of hatching.

Repairing cracked fertile eggs works only while using an incubator, as the broody will be moving the eggs continuously and cracked eggs will then break open and soil the other eggs.

So I would advise to remove the cracked egg immediately.

Back
Top Bottom