I creeped out the mail lady. LOL

HobokenChickenEmergency

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Evansville
Usually if I have a package, it comes at the same time as the rest of my mail (around 2 pm). Today she came at 11:00 am to drop off my package of mealworms. It came from Beaver Bait Company, and the box said "LIVE BAIT" all over it. I think she thought they were nightcrawlers or something, just rolling around loose in a box with holes in it. She asked me to come out to the truck and get them myself, because she didn't want to touch them.
lau.gif

They are technically for breeding more little mealworms (if I can keep them alive), but I gave a couple to the quail chicks. At first they just looked at them and walked away (fast), like "WHAT did you put in our dish?!"

Then one chick got brave and picked up a mw. After that, they were fighting over them and playing keep away. Hilarious!

that is toooo funny. Our local mail lady told me about the time she got a box of live bee's that somebody ordered. She called the person to come get them and wouldn't go back in the PO until they showed up - she said the first one she saw flying around she was going to spray the box. I was laughing soooo hard.

Steve

I have a very nice PO lady. But, she would probably be creeped out by bugs and such, too.

She was very interested in my hatching eggs when they came. I even promised to take a chick to show her when they hatched. They are cuckoo marans. When I told her she said, " I have had some cuckoo marans in my lifetime too !" And laughed, then she wanted to know how I knew they were going to be cuckoo (like in crazy) before they even hatched ?? I thought I was going to crack up. . . . .

lau.gif
gig.gif

I had the same problem when I had my Bearded dragon... I worked at a hotel and had my 1500 crickets delivered there every week... The Fed Ex girl would make me come out to the truck to get them.. She would keep the box in the seat beside her and told me if one ever got out she was kick em right out the door....
lau.gif

haha awhh!!!

I love my mail lady she's such a sweetie and actually JUST reciently helped to make my PO lady realize that YES they can mail out my live chicks
celebrate.gif
So no driving a half hour just to hand them a box o chicks
big_smile.png

The cutest thing my mail lady ever did was pick up my first box of eggs to her ear and ask me why she didnt hear any peeping on the "hatching eggs" she thougth they were HATCHING! LOL!
lau.gif
now she knows better
wink.png
HHEHEEH

Back
Top Bottom