I creeped out the mail lady. LOL

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by HobokenChickenEmergency, Apr 24, 2009.

1. HobokenChickenEmergency

HobokenChickenEmergency Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Evansville
    Usually if I have a package, it comes at the same time as the rest of my mail (around 2 pm). Today she came at 11:00 am to drop off my package of mealworms. It came from Beaver Bait Company, and the box said "LIVE BAIT" all over it. I think she thought they were nightcrawlers or something, just rolling around loose in a box with holes in it. She asked me to come out to the truck and get them myself, because she didn't want to touch them. [​IMG]

They are technically for breeding more little mealworms (if I can keep them alive), but I gave a couple to the quail chicks. At first they just looked at them and walked away (fast), like "WHAT did you put in our dish?!"

Then one chick got brave and picked up a mw. After that, they were fighting over them and playing keep away. Hilarious!

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    [​IMG]

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

that is toooo funny. Our local mail lady told me about the time she got a box of live bee's that somebody ordered. She called the person to come get them and wouldn't go back in the PO until they showed up - she said the first one she saw flying around she was going to spray the box. I was laughing soooo hard.

Steve

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I have a very nice PO lady. But, she would probably be creeped out by bugs and such, too.

She was very interested in my hatching eggs when they came. I even promised to take a chick to show her when they hatched. They are cuckoo marans. When I told her she said, " I have had some cuckoo marans in my lifetime too !" And laughed, then she wanted to know how I knew they were going to be cuckoo (like in crazy) before they even hatched ?? I thought I was going to crack up. . . . .

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had the same problem when I had my Bearded dragon... I worked at a hotel and had my 1500 crickets delivered there every week... The Fed Ex girl would make me come out to the truck to get them.. She would keep the box in the seat beside her and told me if one ever got out she was kick em right out the door.... [​IMG]

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yeah. I dont think my PO personel are ever surprised anymore at what I can have delivered by mail.[​IMG]

7. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    haha awhh!!!

I love my mail lady she's such a sweetie and actually JUST reciently helped to make my PO lady realize that YES they can mail out my live chicks [​IMG] So no driving a half hour just to hand them a box o chicks [​IMG]

The cutest thing my mail lady ever did was pick up my first box of eggs to her ear and ask me why she didnt hear any peeping on the "hatching eggs" she thougth they were HATCHING! LOL! [​IMG] now she knows better [​IMG] HHEHEEH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by