I did it........Frizzled EE eggs coming soon!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Country Living Farm, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    I an thinking of re-doing one of my pens and taking out the hens and replacing with EE or Americanas if I can find them. I have the EE on hand just starting to lay. The Roo is a Barred Frizzle.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
  2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Do it! [​IMG] I'm working on banty ones- splash sizzle roo over bantam splash & blue araucana hens.
    I have a blue bantam ameraucana roo and a blue sizzle hen as well, but I need another pen for that. Itty bitty frizzle EEs [​IMG]

3. Hi! I think Frizzled Green-Eggers are a fine and wonderful thing!
    I've finally got some Ameraucana girls (blue and splash) clean and ready for their new mate --- a splash Frizzle Green-Egger. In fact, TODAY is THE day.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. Crack N' Egg

Crack N' Egg Songster

Jul 29, 2009
    Flemington, NJ
    OOOHHHH!!!!! [​IMG] I would [​IMG] to have a frizzle EE!!!

I'm soo jealous!!!

5. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    ok. Well, I think I will do it. New hens will go in a few days and the old ones? HUMMM. I guess more laying hens for sale.

6. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Songster

Jan 18, 2010
    monkeyingaroundfarm wrote:

I an thinking of re-doing one of my pens and taking out the hens and replacing with EE or Americanas if I can find them. I have the EE on hand just starting to lay. The Roo is a Barred Frizzle.

Please don't mess up your Easter Eggers. I hate the frizzle gene, it makes chicken look so ugly. They are yours though do what you will. I wouldn't wamt any of your stock tough if you do it.​

7. Hi! Here's a splash Frizzle Green-Egger pullet (clean slate legs, pea-comb, beard/muffed) next to a splash Ameraucana pullet.
    [​IMG]

Either you like them or you don't...
    And I DO!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

8. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Just put some Americana hens in with the barred frizzle rooster.. HUMMMMM I wonder what a frizzled NN EE would look like. I have one of those roosters too.

9. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:Please don't mess up your Easter Eggers. I hate the frizzle gene, it makes chicken look so ugly. They are yours though do what you will. I wouldn't wamt any of your stock tough if you do it.

I did it.......but I kept three NN hens in the coop as well so I can still get NN frizzles....

10. I wonder what a frizzled NN EE would look like.

Splash NN Green-Eggers (frizzled and smooth):
    [​IMG]
    and a dark-skin splash Frizz NNGE and a splash Frizz featherneck GE:
    [​IMG]
    Their eggs here (marked NF):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lisa​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: