1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I did it, I ordered an incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blueberrychickens, Jan 24, 2012.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    I'm so excited!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] I just ordered the new Hovabator Genesis!!! I feel like it's Christmas morning, (but buying my own presents!!) Now I just need to figure out what kind of eggs I want to start with for the first hatch.....
    ....is it spring yet???

2. MyHappyChicks

MyHappyChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    Well if it is like Xmas I just have to ask did Santa get you what you want?[​IMG]
    Have a great time with it you will love it.

3. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Congrats!!! I just plugged mine in for the very first time. It is warming up for tomorrows eggs. Mine was actually a Christmas gift. Why wait??? Go ahead and try it out [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Congrats! [​IMG]

5. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    I bought the same one a couple of weeks ago, on day 4 of my first hatch. Go ahead and start it up, and Merry Christmas!

6. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    I was about to post about awaiting the delivery of mine. I'm so impatient. I have a tracking number but it dropped off after it left Utah. I know the folks on the auction page are sick of me asking how long eggs are good for. LOL

I'm so so eggcited. :) maybe we can be hatching buddies?

7. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    oooh...that could be fun!! Have you ever done a hatch before? It's all new to me!

8. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    It's new to me too. :) So we'll be hatch virgins. LOL That sounds wrong doesn't it? Oh well, ya know what I mean. :)

9. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Spring? Who needs spring?

I bought a genesis 1588 and did my first hatch for the NYD hatch. I got a great hatch rate. This is so addictive I need a market for chicks or I could end up overrun.

It was all I could do to wait until the Valentine's hatch. Eggs go in in four more hours, yay! [​IMG]

Deb

10. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    lol.....yup, I guess so!! What do you plan on hatching out first? I might sell the first hatch so I can get the hang of what I'm doing before I drop serious $$ for the breeds I want.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by