I did it I ordered one

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CritterCatcher, Dec 5, 2010.

1. CritterCatcher

CritterCatcher Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    Hastings, Ontario
    well i have been looking for a incubator.. just a small one as we have never done this before....and i finally dicided on the Hovabator 1588 with the 1610 egg turners...I know i dont need the quail racks (right now..LOL) but have a plan down the road..

cant wait for spring:D
    CC

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. Nodaksnakelover

Nodaksnakelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    North Dakota
    congrats, and best of luck with incubating eggs! It's addicting...

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I'm jealous! Best best best of luck with your hatching!

4. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    LOL who's waiting till spring....I bought my bators 4 months ago and I am on the 4th hatch now. bator 1 is on day 20 and 15 of the 36 eggs have already hatched. Bator 2 is on day 19 and should start hatching out tomorrow that bator has 40 RIR eggs in it. I started with 90 eggs after the first candling I had 80 at lookdown I had 76 left. I am expecting about 40 to 50 chicks from this hatch.

5. CritterCatcher

CritterCatcher Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    Hastings, Ontario
    Quote:oh man i would really like to start to...I see your in Florida...but see its a bit colder here...as in this morning (-10 c or 16 F)LOL and i think i might end up with chicksicles...
    so feel free to push some of that heat up north...lol
    CC

6. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    CC , this may be Florida but we have our freezes too the secret is many brooders I have 4. I sell on Craigs list alot and get 2 dollars a chick. When I buy eggs at 3 dollars a dozen and have a hatch rate of about 60 - 70 % (great fertility rate with my suppliers eggs) I do all right .....I more then make my feed bill on my 30 layers. I am in the process building a cabinet bator out of a mini-fridge. I currently run 1 hovabator and 1 LG (which I really dislike)

7. DRAGGINZUZU

DRAGGINZUZU Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2010
    any pic of that cabinet bator Jessis? Im in the planning stages of mine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by