BigBlueHen53

❤️ Exodus 20:8-11 ❤️
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
Okay, I should say I *am doing* it. I am in the process of making one of those no-mess, no-waste 5-gallon bucket feeders. Thanks to all who posted instructions and pics, this looked so cool and practical I had to try it! I used Gorrilla Glue (r) to get the PVC elbows set in place, and when the glue is dry (Sunday, because tomorrow is Sabbath), I will caulk them in place. Can't wait to try it and see if the hens use it! I hope the bright, screaming Home Depot orange doesn't scare them off!

The empty water bottles are holding everything tight and snug till the glue dries....

Oh, and if you make one of these, be sure and DON'T get the elbow with the big fat flange on both ends! :he:lau
20190628_144413.jpg
20190628_144407.jpg

I’m very interested,looks cheap and simple,I was going to by a huge gigantic feeder for 60 bucks

Last edited:
@Roo5: I dono, I guess we'll find out. The instructions i saw called for 3" 90° elbows so that's what I got. I agree, they look a little skinny to me, we'll see what the chickens say. I'll leave the other feeder out there for comparison and see what they use. At the moment we are using a good-sized gravity-type dog feeder that fills from the top and they waste a good bit.

Back
Top Bottom