1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I did it!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by halo, Dec 6, 2007.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I ordered my coop today! I finally decided how big I wanted it, how many windows, where I wanted the door. Its a Handi House, and will be delivered end of next week. I paid a little more for it than I should have (what the heck, its Christmas, right?) but I think it will be perfect. Its 8 x 14, with 4 windows, a door at each end, one that Ill have for a people door, the other door will go out into the run. I opted for the floor for safe keeping. I may cover it with linoleum, if I don't think it will be too slippery; otherwise Ill just put deep shavings in it. Woohooo!! Im so excited.

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Wow, how much does a coop like that cost?

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    When I first went to look at them and was looking at a 8 x 10, it was $1400. Then I added and added and added to it...I mean, if I can afford an 8 x 10, whats another 2 feet. 8 x 12...well, shoot, I really need that additional 2 feet, cause I just might want more chickens. So it creeped up a bit more, but Im very comfortable with it being as safe as it can possibly be for my chickies. I will put hardware cloth over the windows to be sure.

4. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can't wait for a picture

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] You go girl..........um.......You go boy........... hehee

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations!!!

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Congrats Halo - we need pictures when it's set up! Good for you!

8. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    It sounds great! Can't wait to see photos!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by